You’re probably familiar with the term, “Have You Tried Turning It Off and On Again?” A statement made famous by the Channel 4 show ‘The IT Crowd’ and repeated every time you say that you work in IT Support. There’s no denying that 2020 was (and still is) in a bit of a glitch. Unfortunately rebooting wasn’t an option and most of us had to problem shoot our way through the year, doing our best to avoid bugs like never before.
When we released our first covid-19 company notice back in March 2020, we had no idea what the next few months would bring. Like most companies, Team Hawk made the quick decision to work remotely and amazingly enough, this was the easy part. A not so quick decision, rather an incredibly tough one, was to furlough some of our team. Back then, we were confident that by taking these actions, we were ensuring the safety and longevity of their job security and also the future of the Hayward Hawk Group. Luckily for us, our projections rang true and we’re delighted to welcome back all of the Hawks from furlough!
Now that the team is back together *Alexa play: Janet Jackson, Together Again* our social committee is on standby (not so) patiently awaiting updates from the NI Executive to hopefully get planning a Hawk Christmas Party like no other.
As we move closer to closing out this monumental year, perhaps there’s another tool that might just do the trick to see us through to the end of the year and bug fix 2020…
Press Ctrl + 5 + R and REFRESH
Refresh your Memory
Looking back over the last few months, there are some good bits in there too, let’s have a look:
Hayward Hawk Technology news:
- Stephen filled his first role in the US
- Who gets promoted during a global pandemic, Carol Donnelly that’s who *mic drop* Carol remains one of our top billers and key figures in the Nest so we want to shout about it again, congratulations on your promotion to Senior Tech Recruiter
- Was it even 2020 if you didn’t go on a family staycation? All of the Hawks enjoyed making memorable moments with their nearest and dearest #outsideofthenest (new series pending…)
Hayward Hawk Professional Services news:
- We are delighted to welcome two new team members!
- Stephanie French who looks after our Accountancy and Legal support desks
- Katie Doyle who looks after the temp/contract desk
- We secured an exclusive partnership with Raylo, a rapidly expanding Fintech company building their team in Belfast.
Refresh your View
A change of scenery is good for the soul and is proven to support an evolving mind. With so many of us working from home, it’s important to allow yourself the time to switch off and change up your view.
Refresh your Perspective
We already knew that family, friends and health were the most important things in our lives and this year reminded us of just that. A global pandemic and strict government guidelines have in fact brought us all closer together. That is worth celebrating!
Refresh your Hope
As we strive to finish 2020 on a high, it’s not lost on us that this has been one of, if not the most difficult years for companies, employees, families, people. We’ve made it this far and although Hope might be hard to see right now, it is there.