At Hayward Hawk we try to stand out against the crowd and help people reach their career goals. We strive to be the best at what we do!
As we consider ourselves to be very different from any other agency out there, we have incorporated a strong diversity and inclusion ethos and want to pass that on to the wider industries we work with. In turn we are hoping to make an impact and create change!
We have been working closely with Women Who Code Belfast for nearly 2 years and began our journey, supporting and helping leverage the profile of Women in Tech. We have since expanded our mission to other Diversity groups and now host a ‘Leading the Way’ series of events.
So far, we have held Round Table Events for Women in Tech and to celebrate Pride Month, where we spoke about the challenges and wins the LGBTQ+ community have experienced in the NI Tech Sector. We will continue the “Leading The Way” events and include hard hitting topics such as Black History Month, the Sustainability Conversation in Business and more points of interest and responsibility we have here in NI, the rest of the UK and ROI.
We intend to continue highlighting these topics and are always open to suggestions and collaborating with other businesses and influencers out there!
Promoting diversity and women in technology, we discussed the challenges, solutions and successes our guests had experienced and got their take on the industry.
Our guest speakers included:
• Lisa Stevenson, Site Lead and Women in Tech Advocate from PEAK6
• Niamh Cochrane, Senior Pega Developer from Aflac
• Vanessa McIntyre, Senior Data Visualisation Consultant and Advocate of Women in Technical roles
We rounded off Pride Month by hosting a roundtable discussion with LGBTQ representatives who shared some of their stories, outlooks and experiences.
Guest speakers included:
• Paul Wright, Principal Consultant from Hayward Hawk
• Patricia O’Brien, Program Manager from Openwave
• Clark Litster, Talent Acquisition Specialist and Inclusion Advocate at Peak 6
• Jennifer Osborne, Software Engineer and Diversity Champion at Microfocus